We have welcomed a new Shared Lives Coordinator to the team. Jacky Lockhart is no stranger to Shared Lives South West having previously been Devon Approval Panel for some time.
Here we catch up with Jacky about what she is enjoy about her coordinator role and being part of the organisation.
1, What enticed you to apply to work as a Coordinator at SLSW?
Before I moved to Devon I researched some voluntary organisations that I felt matched my skills as a social worker. I then applied to become a volunteer panel member with Shared Lives. I soon discovered that I really liked the ethos of Shared Lives and how it matched my skills as a social worker.
2, How are you finding the role as a Coodinator so far?
- The role so far has been so interesting and daunting. No two days the same. However I am at times blown away by the knowledge and skills that my colleagues have in regards to the carers and Shared Lives users. The team have been so supportive to enable me to learn my new role
3, What is your unique selling factor?
- My unique selling factor is I am a kind and caring person and am passionate about the environment enjoy watching live music and attending festivals. I was a Games Maker at the 2012 Olympics supporting the Hungarian Rowers. I have travelled quite a lot throughout the years.
4, What are you looking forward to the most?
- Learning my way around the IT system, getting to know the families.
5, How will your past career history help with the job?
- Having been a social worker for children and adults with disabilities for over 25 years both in London and Buckinghamshire I feel that my experience will help me to work with families and the people they are supporting through Shared Lives.
6, When not at SLSW what do you enjoy doing?
- I enjoy making cakes, yoga, gardening and walking. I have learnt to kayak, making marmalade and basic wood working course. In the future, I would like to attend a bread making course.
Find all the latest SLSW news here .